Chris Peacock, founder and CEO of AQUAOSO Technologies, discusses building a water resilient future for the ag economy. In Chris’ second stint on The Water Values Podcast, he discusses a wide range of water risk assessment in the ag sector from banks to investors to growers and from the diversity of crops grown and water intensity of the crops. Chris does a great job making sense of this fragmented marketplace.
Plus, Reese Tisdale returns for a Bluefield on Tap segment where he discusses M&A activity in the irrigation market and what the impacts are in the ag sector, as well as the commercial and industrial property management sector.
Originally featured on BluefieldResearch.com
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Why Chris decided to start AQUAOSO Technologies
- The current state of water risk assessment in the ag sector
- What risk factors AQUAOSO uses to derive property-specific water risk assessments
- Chris’ take on the highly fragmented world of water data
- How lenders and investors use water risk analysis in their ag lending and investing decisions
- How lenders and investors are trying to use water risk assessment to project future water risk
- Where Chris thinks we are on the technology adoption curve in the water risk tech space
From Our Clients
Learn why more than 20% of California Agricultural Lenders trust AQUAOSO.
“Using AQUAOSO has helped me cut down on research time and has provided me more water information than ever before! It is now the first step in my loan underwriting process and it has allowed me to devote more time toward expanding our loan portfolio.”
“I have been continually impressed with AQUAOSO’s commitment to customer service. We use the Mapping and Research Tool and at our request AQUAOSO expanded the information covered in their reports. This eliminated the need to visit multiple websites to gather information and we’ve been happy with the result!”
“Over the past several months of utilizing the AQUAOSO platform, it has allowed me to provide clear and concise information to our collateral department and appraisers, to speed the process along. I have also been able to utilize it in working with customers to complete required sources of irrigation forms, with information from a single source rather than sending them to chase down documents from multiple agencies. This has saved a us up to two weeks and helped us to meet deadlines.”
“I love how user friendly AQUAOSO’s research tool is and how fast it is to generate detailed water and soil reports, which are perfect for gathering parcel information for our loans.”