Earlier this year amidst the ensuing of the pandemic, Chris Peacock, our CEO and Founder, safely talked with Tim Hammerich on the Future of Agriculture podcast about the economic value of water.
Chris and Tim cover the problems that the agriculture space faces today, including the specifics of lenders and farmers. They expand on the implications of viewing water in terms of economics, putting a dollar value on water, and how helping all stakeholders in agriculture understand water risk is imperative. Helping people make smart decisions around water management and investment is how we build a water-resilient future for our world.
“The reality is, extreme water events, degrading water quality, these are all happening. We need to find ways to manage around them. We can’t really ignore them anymore.” – Chris Peacock
Originally featured on the Future of Agriculture podcast
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- The issues at hand – forest fires, drought, flooding – and how they impact the economics of our world. AQUAOSO takes a closer look at how these events impact the financial stability of our customers and bank loans
- How water scarcity decreases the value of land and how waterless land can still be utilized
- The philosophy of putting a dollar and economic value on water
- SGMA, how it changes the way businesses operate, and how AQUAOSO helps our clients navigate and decipher SGMA’s new policies
- The importance of helping ag lenders and bankers with their loans as well as helping farmers with water management
- The strength and importance of AQUAOSO’s vision, mission, and social impact, and how AQUAOSO aims to help water-scarce/developing countries in the future
- What the current and evolving landscape of water entrepreneurship
It is at the heart of AQUAOSO to be conscious of the impacts of water not only on businesses, but on people and communities as well. After all, the agriculture space, water space, and every other industry are comprised of people.
AQUAOSO understands our clients’ businesses have fundamentally changed in a COVID and post-COVID world. Our tools are designed to help your team succeed in an even more remote environment. It’s not just about the data (which is valuable) or our analytics (like GSP summaries, which are valuable). It’s about having a single source of truth, easily accessible records that can be shared across the team, and access to portfolio-level tools that are easy to use.
From Our Clients
Learn why more than 20% of California Agricultural Lenders trust AQUAOSO.
“Using AQUAOSO has helped me cut down on research time and has provided me more water information than ever before! It is now the first step in my loan underwriting process and it has allowed me to devote more time toward expanding our loan portfolio.”
“I have been continually impressed with AQUAOSO’s commitment to customer service. We use the Mapping and Research Tool and at our request AQUAOSO expanded the information covered in their reports. This eliminated the need to visit multiple websites to gather information and we’ve been happy with the result!”
“Over the past several months of utilizing the AQUAOSO platform, it has allowed me to provide clear and concise information to our collateral department and appraisers, to speed the process along. I have also been able to utilize it in working with customers to complete required sources of irrigation forms, with information from a single source rather than sending them to chase down documents from multiple agencies. This has saved a us up to two weeks and helped us to meet deadlines.”
“I love how user friendly AQUAOSO’s research tool is and how fast it is to generate detailed water and soil reports, which are perfect for gathering parcel information for our loans.”