AQUAOSO provides location-based intelligence tools to agricultural lenders including Farm Credits and banks so they can build deeper relationships with farmers, streamline loan processes, improve risk management functions, and easily report on climate-related risks. Our platform adds the power of mapping to financial data, layering it with best-in-class third-party data sets including land, field, climate, weather, and more, providing new insights and value at every level of an ag lending organization. With more than 30 customers across 10 states, AQUAOSO helps agricultural finance navigate a changing climate to build a successful, sustainable future with farmers. We are growing fast and looking for talented individuals to join our collaborative, cross-disciplinary team.
What you’ll do
Turning raw data into refined catalysts for action is a messy process. We take on the dirty job of wading through unorganized and hard to locate data. Just as you may find a valuable vintage item at a local yard sale, we are on the hunt for valuable data that can assist in improving our current platform. We then polish, analyze, and present actionable insights to our clients in a clean, clear, concise manner. Data alone is not useful; the right data, in the right format, at the right time is invaluable.
As a Data & GIS Intern, you’ll work closely with the Product Team to collect & update data for our Platform. We are looking for an individual to work part-time with the potential to transition to full-time. This paid position will be fully remote and a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Experience collecting, cleaning, and organizing datasets.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with GIS and geospatial data.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Data analysis experience (Excel, Tableau, Looker, RStudio, etc.).
- Degree in data science, environmental science, or related fields.
- Ability to communicate results in a clear, logical, and engaging manner.
- Willingness to highlight and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- A positive attitude and desire to take ownership of assigned projects.
- Enthusiasm for learning and growing with the company.
- Personable demeanor with a high comfort level for phone and video communication.
Has your inner data nerd started shouting at you to apply? If so, please put “Data Internship” in the “Job You Are Applying For” box below. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
*At this time we are only accepting United States-based candidates. Please do not apply if you are outside of the USA, your application will not be reviewed.