AQUAOSO Technologies, PBC is a startup, a Techstars company, a Nature Conservancy partner, and a critical data partner to hundreds of paying users throughout the Finance & Agriculture supply chain. Our experienced team is working towards a water resilient future. We build ethical technology to tackle 21st century water issues.
As a public benefit corporation we believe that people, place, and community matter. By shining the light on water data, we can increase decision-maker ability to form intelligent, informed decisions about their business, government district, farm, or investment by providing actionable intelligence in mitigating risks associated with water.
Turning raw data into refined catalysts for action is a messy process. We take on the dirty job of wading through unorganized and hard to locate data. Just as you may find a valuable vintage item at a local yard sale, we are on the hunt for valuable data that can assist in improving our current platform. We then polish, analyze, and present actionable insights to our clients in a clean, clear, concise manner. Data alone is not useful; the right data, in the right format, at the right time is invaluable.
We are need of an individual who does not mind getting their hands dirty with raw data. We need a creative and analytical person to assist with collecting, cleaning, and communicating the importance of that data. We are looking specifically for:
- Experience collecting, cleaning, and transforming data sets.
- A solid understanding of California’s water systems including the Central Valley Project and State Water Project.
- Experience using statistical analysis to glean insights from large data sets.
- Personable demeanor with a high comfort level for phone communication.
- Ability to communicate project results in a clear, logical and engaging manner.
- A positive attitude and willingness to take ownership of assigned projects.
- Understanding of R and SQL is a plus!
- Geographic Information Systems knowledge is also a plus!
Has your inner data nerd started shouting at you to apply? If so, please contact Lauren Pettyjohn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Data Internship” in the subject line or in the “Job You Are Applying For” box below. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Oh ya, we do pay you for your time and endeavor to provide an enriching experience that everyone can benefit from.