If you want to help the biggest names in finance and agriculture manage water scarcity, we would love to meet you. Take part in growing a new company with a bright, multidisciplinary team. We have fun and work hard – collaboratively.
AQUAOSO is a Public Benefit Corporation. We are a Techstars Sustainability 2019 Cohort Company (in partnership with The Nature Conservancy).
This is a remote position. You will be provided a laptop but will need to have internet access and a place to work from.
The responsibilities of a Software Developer at AQUAOSO include:
Design and develop – Foster and develop sound software solutions from conception to deployment. Based on requirements, collaboratively design approaches to adding new features with the rest of the team, and then implement designed features and related unit tests.
Coordinate and support – Work with the engineering and product team to execute timely and cost-effective solutions. Provide on-going support and maintenance to the customer-facing systems as needed.
Maintain a secure environment – Maintain awareness of best practices for securing cloud computing resources, and keeping data security in mind with all code changes.
- Two years of experience is expected.
- Web development experience, including creating and using RESTful APIs, is required. Hands-on experience with Node.js, React.js and SQL (Preferably Postgres) is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related technical field is strongly preferred, but work experience may offset this requirement.
During each sprint you will have the opportunity to:
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code.
- Ship your code to staging and production, and debug it when it breaks.
- Share responsibility for overall system operation.
- Write and review technical designs.
- Perform spatial analysis in QGIS and SQL.
- Participate in daily peer code reviews.
- Manage your workflow, meeting deadlines you set with your team.
- Collaborate closely with other developers and product managers.
- Be proactive about asking questions and seeking answers when you are lost.
- Be part of the rotating weekly on-call (Prometheus/OpsGenie/Slack), in the event of an (unlikely) emergency outage.
Compensation and Perks
- Stock option equity program
- 401k, health and dental insurance
- Paid leave
- Flexible hours and ability to work remote
- Periodic team retreats (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Virtual Lunch and Learns and team activities
- Working with a highly motivated team on products that have the potential to have significant societal impact
AQUAOSO is an equal-opportunity employer. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and mutual respect..
AQUAOSO is an inclusive organization that embraces diversity, respect, open communication, velocity, and a deep purpose. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and building a better future for tomorrow. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
Apply below. A cover letter is expected. Please address how your past experience is relevant to the technologies and practices listed here. Tell us why AQUAOSO is a good fit for your skills and interests. If you have some open-source work or other project samples, show them off!
*At this time we are only accepting United States-based candidates. Please do not apply if you are outside of the USA, your application will not be reviewed.