We are building a water resilient future through data. If you want to help the biggest names in finance and agriculture manage water scarcity, we would love to meet you. Take part in growing a new company with a bright, multidisciplinary team. We have fun and work hard – collaboratively.
AQUAOSO is a Public Benefit Corporation. We are a Techstars Sustainability 2019 Cohort Company (in partnership with The Nature Conservancy).
Senior Software Developer
AQUAOSO Technologies is looking for a Software Developer to join our team. The position is remote. The successful candidate will work with our team in every stage of a product’s lifecycle, from planning to delivery. You’ll be able to write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code, ship code to production, and debug it when it breaks. The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and security conscious.
Design and develop – Foster and engineer sound software solutions from conception to deployment. Evaluate requirements and determine existing product reach, potential restrictions, and future development feasibility.
Coordinate and support – Work with the engineering and product team to execute timely and cost-effective solutions. Provide on-going support and maintenance to the customer as needed.
Maintain secure environment – Maintain awareness of best practices for securing cloud computing resources, and keeping data security in mind with all code changes.
- Five years of experience is required
- Work experience with Node.js, React.js and SQL (Preferably Postgres)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related technical field is strongly preferred, but work experience may offset this requirement.
During each sprint you will get to:
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code.
- Ship your code to staging and production, and debug it when it breaks.
- Share responsibility for overall system operation.
- Write and review technical designs.
- Perform spatial analysis in QGIS and SQL.
- Participate in daily peer code review.
- Manage your workflow, meeting deadlines you set with your team.
- Work closely with other developers and product managers.
- Be proactive about asking questions and seeking answers when you are lost.
- Be part of the rotating weekly on-call (Prometheus/OpsGenie/Slack), in the event of an (unlikely) emergency outage.
Compensation and Perks
- Stock option equity program
- 401k, health and dental insurance
- Paid leave
- Flexible hours and ability to work remote
- Periodic team retreats (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Virtual Lunch and Learns and team activities
- Working with a highly motivated team on products that have the potential to have significant societal impact
AQUAOSO is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and mutual respect..
Apply below. A cover letter is expected. Please address how your past experience is relevant to the technologies and practices listed here. Tell us why AQUAOSO is a good fit for your skills and interests. If you have some open source work, or other project samples, show it off!