Jr. Software Developer
If you want to help the biggest names in finance and agriculture manage water scarcity, we would love to meet you. Take part in growing a new company with a bright, multidisciplinary team. We have fun and work hard – collaboratively.
AQUAOSO is a Public Benefit Corporation. We are a Techstars Sustainability 2019 Cohort Company (in partnership with The Nature Conservancy).
Junior Software Developer
This is a remote position. You will be provided a laptop but will need to have internet access and a place to work from.
The responsibilities of a Junior Software Developer at AQUAOSO include:
Design and develop – Based on requirements, participate in design discussions with more experienced developers, and then modify or implement scripts and code to automate the processing of geospatial datasets into our code products..
Coordinate and support – Work with the engineering team to execute timely and cost-effective solutions for integrating new geospatial datasets. Provide on-going support and maintenance to the customer-facing systems as needed.
Maintain a secure environment – Maintain awareness of best practices for securing cloud computing resources, and keeping data security in mind with all code changes.
The requirements for the Junior Software Developer are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related technical field is strongly preferred, but work experience may offset this requirement.
During each sprint you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with experienced senior developers.
- Evaluate new geospatial data sets using SQL and QGIS and help determine how it will integrate with existing systems.
- Develop scripts to process and transform the data, and load the data into staging and production systems.
- Work within an Agile environment and understand sprint goals and deadlines.
- Participate in daily peer code reviews to expand your knowledge of our Node.js / React.js system.
- Work closely with other developers and data team managers.
- Be proactive about asking questions and seeking answers when you are lost.
Compensation and Perks
- Stock option equity program
- 401k, health and dental insurance
- Paid leave
- Flexible hours and ability to work remote
- Periodic team retreats (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Virtual Lunch and Learns and team activities
- Working with a highly motivated team on products that have the potential to have significant societal impact
AQUAOSO is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and mutual respect..
AQUAOSO is an inclusive organization that embraces diversity, respect, open communication, velocity, and a deep purpose. As an equal-opportunity employer, we believe employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and building a better future for tomorrow. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
Apply below. A cover letter is expected. Please address how your past experience is relevant to the technologies and practices listed here. Tell us why AQUAOSO is a good fit for your skills and interests. If you have some open source work, or other project samples, show it off!
*At this time we are only accepting United States-based candidates. Please do not apply if you are outside of the USA, your application will not be reviewed.