Full Stack Software Developer
We are building a water resilient future through data. If you want to help the biggest names in agriculture reduce their water risk, we would love to meet you. Take part in growing a new company with a bright, cross-disciplinary team. We have fun, work hard and are growing fast.
AQUAOSO is a Public Benefit Corporation. We are a Techstars Sustainability 2019 Cohort Company (in partnership with The Nature Conservancy).
What you’ll do
As a full stack developer, you’ll collaborate, work independently, and implement designs from engineering and product management.
- Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product’s lifecycle; from planning to delivery.
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code.
- Ship your code to production, and debug it when it breaks.
- Collaborate on technical designs.
- Participate in daily peer code review.
- Proactively communicate about your progress and blockers.
- Be part of the rotating weekly on-call, in the event of an (unlikely) emergency outage.
Required skills and experience
You’re curious and collaborative, someone excited about making customers happy. AQUAOSO is a software, data and GIS company; everything you build will have a direct impact on the agricultural economy.
- Well-rounded software development skills and experience. Coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Know the web platform – HTML, CSS, HTTP, JSON.
- 1 year experience minimum writing REST APIs.
- Experience writing database migrations.
- Appreciate the ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development.
- Basic Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or relevant experience.
Nice to have
You probably need to tick a few of the boxes below, but nobody knows everything. Eagerness to learn is just as important.
- 3+ years professional programming experience
- 2+ years writing applications in Node.js.
- Experience on a product team, Scrum team, or working with Kanban.
- Experience with Angular, React, Vue.js, or other component based web UI libraries.
- Experience writing backend services consuming 3rd party APIs; writing or consuming Swagger/OpenAPI Specs.
- Familiarity with AWS concepts (EC2, EBS, networking, S3, RDS)
- DevOps experience, specifically Docker, Ansible, monitoring and alerting with Prometheus.
- PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Message Queues.
- Experience with web-based GIS systems (PostGIS, MapServer, Esri’s ArcGIS Server, etc.).
- Knowledge of agriculture and water rights. (But don’t worry! We can ramp you up.)
Compensation and Perks
- Market salary
- Stock option equity program
- 401k, health and dental insurance
- Paid leave
- Flexible hours and ability to work remote
- Periodic team retreats (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Virtual ‘Lunch and Learns’ and team outings
- Working with a highly motivated team on products that have the potential to have significant societal impact
AQUAOSO is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms. Diversity is one of our core values.
Apply below. Tell us why AQUAOSO is a good fit for your skills and interests with a cover letter to set yourself apart. If you have some open source work, or other project samples, show it off!
*At this time we are only accepting United States-based candidates. Please do not apply if you are outside of the USA, your application will not be reviewed.