AQUAOSO Technologies, PBC is a Public Benefit Corporation that builds ethical technology and a company that values diversity, respect, open communication, and trusted partnerships while having fun along the way.
We are looking for a proven sales professional, ideally with both agricultural lending and software-as-a-service sales experience, to be an individual contributor in hitting set sales quotas with a target career path to ultimately build and develop a sales team as we continue to grow.
As the Director of Sales, your primary responsibility will be to manage and execute the sales process for our location-based intelligence platform for data and risk management to the ag lending and ag investment business segments. You will report directly to the VP of Sales.
Initially, this role is as an individual contributor. As we continue to grow, we anticipate adding additional sales and sales support professionals to your team.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are to:
- Develop and manage key relationships
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage assigned opportunities from the existing sales pipeline and company-generated leads, while also sourcing new opportunities
- Respond to inbound inquiries
- Present AQUAOSO’s platform in a compelling, positive, and professional way and sell our solutions with a consultative approach both in-person and virtual using best practices.
- Effectively handle objections and develop creative solutions to present to management for review and approval
- Consistently exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota
- Document all sales activities in our CRM and participate in associated sales strategy/planning meetings and efforts
Education & Experience Requirements
As our Director of Sales, your ideal background would be over 5 years of successful sales experience in the Ag Lending sector for a SaaS-based solution.
- 5+ years’ experience selling to lending institutions OR 5+ years’ experience selling SaaS solutions, with consistent quota achievement
- Bring to the team general knowledge of banking, agriculture, and/or climate risk.
- Undergraduate degree
- Existing network/contacts is a plus
We have a strong company culture, driven by our desire to make a difference in this world (while having fun along the way!). To succeed in your role as Director of Sales, you first and foremost must be a good fit for our company culture and align with our values:
- Understand the potential implications of our work and strive to build tech that improves our world.
- Embrace diversity in our hiring, operations and thoughts.
- Respect people, place, and community matters.
- Be reliable, accountable and look out for each other (our employees, our customers, our investors and outside stakeholders).
- Honest and direct dialogue.
We are also a start-up, which means it is a fast-paced environment with a constant sense of urgency. In addition, the following qualities are highly recommended:
- Demonstrable pipeline generation experience, particularly building a multi-faceted business segment plan and executing successfully
- Demonstrated ability to sell to senior executives in professional organizations
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Competitive nature while operating within a team environment
- Desire to advance and build a team
- Passion, Drive, Curiosity and Coachability
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Embrace sales automation tools
- Strong work ethic
AQUAOSO provides location-based intelligence tools to agricultural lenders including Farm Credits and banks so they can build deeper relationships with farmers, streamline loan processes, improve risk management functions, and easily report on climate-related risks. Our platform adds the power of mapping to financial data, layering it with best-in-class third-party data sets including land, field, climate, weather, and more, providing new insights and value at every level of an ag lending organization. With more than 30 customers across 10 states, AQUAOSO helps agricultural finance navigate a changing climate to build a successful, sustainable future with farmers.
If this sounds like you, please reach out to Brad Dreier at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter. We are only accepting US-based candidates. No recruiters please.