Full Stack Software Developer
We are building a water resilient future through data. If you want to help the biggest names in agriculture reduce their water risk, we would love to meet you. Take part in growing a new company with a bright, cross-disciplinary team. We have fun, work hard and are growing fast.
AQUAOSO is a Public Benefit Corporation. We are a Techstars Sustainability 2019 Cohort Company (in partnership with The Nature Conservancy).
What you'll do
As a full stack developer, you'll collaborate, work independently, and implement designs from engineering and product management.
- Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery.
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code.
- Ship your code to production, and debug it when it breaks.
- Collaborate on technical designs.
- Participate in daily peer code review.
- Proactively communicate about your progress and blockers.
- Be part of the rotating weekly on-call, in the event of an (unlikely) emergency outage.
Required skills and experience
You’re curious and collaborative, someone excited about making customers happy. AQUAOSO is a software, data and GIS company; everything you build will have a direct impact on the agricultural economy.
- Well rounded software development skills and experience. Coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Know the web platform - HTML, CSS, HTTP, JSON.
- 1 year experience writing REST APIs.
- Experience writing database migrations.
- Appreciate the ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development.
- Basic Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or relevant experience.
Nice to have
You probably need to tick a few of the boxes below, but nobody knows everything. Eagerness to learn is just as important.
- Knowledge of agriculture and water rights
- 3+ years professional programming experience
- 2+ years writing applications in Node.js.
- Experience on a product team, scrum team, or working with Kanban.
- Experience with web mapping.
- Experience with Angular, React, Vue.js, or other component based web UI libraries.
- Experience writing backend services consuming 3rd party APIs, writing or consuming Swagger/OpenAPI Specs.
- Familiarity with AWS concepts (EC2, EBS, networking, S3, RDS)
- DevOps experience, specifically Docker, Ansible, monitoring and alerting with Prometheus.
- PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Message Queues.
Compensation and Perks
- Market salary
- Stock option equity program
- 401k, health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible hours and ability to work partially remote
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team retreats
- Lunches and team outings
- Great snacks
AQUAOSO is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms. Diversity is one of our core values.
Send your resume to email@example.com. Why are we a good fit? If you have some open source work, or other project samples, show them off!