We are building a water resilient future through advanced technologies. If you want to help the biggest names in California Agriculture reduce their water risk, we would love to meet you. Take part in growing a new company with a bright, cross-disciplinary team.
AQUAOSO is a Public Benefit Corporation. Water has a social component that cannot be ignored.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product’s lifecycle; from planning to delivery.
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code.
- Ship your code to production, and debug it when it breaks.
- Share responsibility for overall system architecture.
- Write and review technical designs.
- Participate in daily peer code review.
- Manage your workflow and small projects, meeting the deadlines you set with your team.
- Manage your work seamlessly, both in our Folsom office and remote.
- Mentor other engineers, define technical culture, and help grow the team.
- Be proactive about asking questions and seeking answers when you are lost.
Skills and Experience
You’re curious and collaborative, someone excited about making customers happy. AQUAOSO is a technology and data company; everything you build will have a direct impact on our products and California agriculture.
- Well rounded software engineering skills. Coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Very proficient in at least two programming languages.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline, or relevant experience.
- 2+ years REST API design and development
- Comfortable deliberating about database designs, either relational and non-relational data. You’ve written database migrations.
- Giving and receiving feedback in code review.
- Excited by ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development.
Nice to Have
- 5+ years programming
- Experience writing backend services against the ArcGIS REST API
- DevOps experience – software deployment best practices with Ansible, monitoring and alerting with Prometheus
- Golang code in production
- Knowledge of geospatial systems; geospatial development in Python
- Have scaled a machine learning system into production
- Knowledge of agriculture and water rights
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with React or Vue.js in production
- Linux systems administration and basic troubleshooting
- Experience scaling distributed systems
Compensation and Perks
- Market salary
- Stock option program
- 401k, health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible hours and ability to work partially remote
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team retreats
- Lunches and team outings
- Great snacks
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you’re a good fit for us. If you have some open source work, or other project samples, show them off!