Chris explores his insights into hosting a water-energy nexus hackathon in the American Water Resources Association magazine. With 5 goals, listed below, he set out to change the way we engage with water from a technology perspective. Read more by downloading the entire article here:
1) Engage a variety of water industry stakeholders in a collaborative learning environment with one another.
2) Introduce individuals with a technology background to water issues and engage them in understanding the issues through competitive problem solving.
3) Provide a high level of awareness within the industry to showcase the value of innovation and collaboration.
4) Develop software/hardware that may be commercially viable to encourage entrepreneurial endeavors.
5) Have fun, learn from one another and leave with a sense of accomplishment.